Tuesday, January 08, 2008


Don't you just love getting books in the mail!! Here are a couple new things we got for Term 2!!

We have actually had quite a blissful first two days of our term. I have been striving to not make it "school" at home. I have seeked out advice from mamas I look up to and I have been rereading some of my Thomas Jefferson Education publications. There are also a few new articles on the TJed.org site and I found an yahoo group with some great experience being shared!
Today we read our world history chapter, it was on Greek gods. We found Greece on the map, talked about the things Dad saw when he was there this summer, and also made some popsical stick Greek gods. I found some good illustrations for the 12 members who live on Mt. Olympus, I'd be happy to share if you want it, but I will have to email them to you so just ask!! Even Jake enjoyed part of our lesson!
We also read our new book Pet of the Met, it was great! Everyone enjoyed it and we are now wishing that we could go to a children's matinee of the Magic Flute! We listened to our new CD's of Mozart's opera Die Zauberflote (yes the o should have umlauts over it, just imagine them). We decided to buy The Magic Flute in its original German since it is the language we are working on.
I know I am looking forward to Friday when we get to start The Tree in the Trail, it is about the Santa Fe Trail!

How is the New Year going in your homeschool?

No comments: