Tuesday, February 05, 2008



Well after reading Cherish's fun post on Children's Lit. I have been thinking of great books I have enjoyed, and then today we got an Amazon box & Barnes and Noble box!!! We got two books by Robert McCloskey one of our favorite authors, who can dispute Kippling's worth, and then a new one to try, I love Haikus!!

Some books I grew up loving were, Island of the Blue Dolphin by Scott O'Dell, The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop, Bridge to Terabithia by Kathrine Paterson, The Indian in the Cuboard by Lynne Reid Banks, Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, not to mention the Little House series or any Ramona books I could get! There are so many I could not possibly find them all unless I was back in Mrs. Cofferer's library!

Here is the inside cover of my copy of The Castle in the Attic, I won it (I think for reading so many books!) from Mrs. Coffer my Elementry school librarian who always wore slippers!

Here is what she wrote on the inside, it was like having a superstars autograph!!

If only every little one thought their librarian was a superstar!!

2 comments:

Cherish said...

I've read all your favorites and have a few of them on my shelf, accumulating for those future kids!

Ever since your comment on my blog, I've been thinking about this resource my mom purchased years ago. It's called "Let the Authors Speak." I need her to remind me exactly what's in it, to see if it will help you, because it's not cheap. It was a listing of good books by reading level, Newberry or Caldecott Medals, etc. I'll send you an email once I talk to her.

Danna said...

That would be great! Thanks Cherish!